Sunday 26 August 2012

Must Be The New Kicks!!

I'm an Intermediate....what?

How the hell did that happen? I did my fitness test this afternoon, and all of my results for the tests fell into the intermediate category!!

WOW! I have seriously underestimated myself. Or, by being the Queen of Flukes, have pulled a magic trick out of my bunny hat. Considering I pulled a muscle in my back yesterday doing the Super Shredder workout, I'm pretty proud of myself (and have made great friends with a tube of Deep Heat).

I have to credit my 1km run to my new kicks though I think. This was their maiden voyage, and I am impressed. I honestly think my old runners weighed a kilo each, and I felt like it to....dragging seriously when I ran. Enter my new Nike Free Runs. Deadset, these weigh about 200grams...together! And I noticed. They don't call these barefoot trainers for nothing. They are amazing to run in, so light, and comfy (however, I walked to warm up and they felt like they definitely aren't made for purely walking). But, start running and these babies are meant for a serious run stride! (okay, Nike, now that I've talked you up, how's about an endorsement, huh?)

So, there it is, I'm fitter than I thought I was, which is surprising and relieving. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of wobble to shift and a hell of a lot of work to do on fitness and strength. I'm excited to see how I improve over the course of the 12 weeks.

Now, all I have to do is psych myself up for the dang photo and I'm good to go.

Until then...


Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment