Wednesday 15 August 2012

100 Workout....woah.

This morning I decided I needed to kick my own butt (didn't exercise yesterday tsk tsk, but it's going to be my 'day off' now).

I had read elsewhere that there is a fantastic workout called the 100 workout, which I thought looked like punishment enough. I decided to put my own spin on it and make up my own circuit exercises.

Off I went.......20 mins on the treadmill, running my bum off to warm up, then:

100 Jumping Jacks
90 crunches
80 arm exercises (with 3kg dumbbells)
70 lunges (with 3kg dumbbells)
60 squats (with 3 kg dumbbells)
50 fast jumps
40 side crunches
30 chest presses
20 squats
10 planks and supermans

This is a photo of me after....


620 calories later and I had shaky legs, sore shoulders and bum muscles saying 'hola'! I think at one stage I was flat on my back cursing that I had better have a 6 pack by the end of the 12WBT or else (most likely during the 90 crunches). As far as circuits go though, it was fun. And I'm really looking forward to improving my time on doing everything too.

Give it a go, mix it up with your favourite exercises. Who knows, by the end of the 12 weeks, maybe I'll be doing a 200 workout. Yippee! 

Em xx


2 comments:

  1. em, like your photo in this post. I see you've changed your hair?
    Wow, 620 cal. Go you. Made me feel a little vomity thinking about it but that's ok.
    I got my HRM yesterday, and this morning walked the kids to school and ran home and did 360cal. Will do the same this arvo so should smash 600 for the day, i'd expect.
    Go us. and still 2 weeks to go. We are going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I did, very long trip to the hairdresser and the vegetable dye salon!!
      Not going to lie, I felt pretty vomity after it too, nothing a lovely brekky smoothie didn't fix afterwards yay!
      On the plus side, I fell fabulous now, even if I can't walk properly. Oh HRMs are so much fun, I've had mine for a while now, what lovely colour did you get? I've got a racy red one woot woo! Good on you, sounds like you're well on your way to fabulousness! Nothing like getting out in the fresh air with the kidlets I'm sure, good for them too! Yay, bring it all on! xx

      Delete