Thursday 9 August 2012

The Start of Something....

Here I go, headfirst into the blog-o-sphere. Maybe bear with me, or not.

It's time for me come face to face with a couple of things, one my ultimate demon:

- That spare tire around my middle, and;
- Living my life.

I've joined up for Michelle Bridges 12WBT, a program that has seen phenomenal results for thousands of people, changing their lives forever. Wow!

12 weeks to a new me. The words 'excited', 'scared', 'nervous', 'overwhelmed', are but a select few that pop into my head. But why am I nervous? 3 years ago, I went on another diet, one that had me weighing my food to an exact gram (absolute bird portions too), did not promote exercise, carbs were the devil. Sure, I lost 25kgs in about 3 months. Yay! NOT YAY! The problem with this diet was:
1) There is no way in hell it was sustainable for life (even though they claimed it to be)
2) Exercise was not a part of this diet. Need I say more....
3) There was no support network apart from one person that you met with once a month.
4) Nothing was done about addressing the mind-games, the little psychological demons we have.
and
5) I was at college, was 18, and being in environment that lives and breathes alcohol and servo pies at 3am like it's going out of fashion was never going to work once I stopped this thing.

Of course, over the following 3 years of uni, most of that weight crept back on. Damn. A combination of drinking, eating, studying, and working at a pub did not help. Sure, I played netball, and walked with friends, but nowhere near enough to sort out those sneaky calories.

This is why I'm scared. I'm scared of failing, having history repeat itself. But then I say no, this is going to work. Look at this program. There's food: fresh, healthy and realistic. There's exercise, tailor made for ME. There's a ridiculous amount of support, not just from Mish's team, but from everyone. EVERYONE. And most importantly (for me); the straightening of the psyche.  Wow, what an environment. Set up for success, definitely. Going to succeed. Hell yes.

Now, I'm finished uni, and have started a full time job. Before I left home, I kept talking about recreating myself, losing weight, being a better version of myself. That was 4 1/2 months ago. Happened? Career wise. Yes. Physically. No. Relocating from Northern NSW to Adelaide has taken its toll. New state, new town, excitement? Hell yes. I love my new job! However, leaving all of my friends and family behind has taken its toll. I turned to food for comfort to battle the loneliness I felt. Then, after, berate myself for my weakness.

I'm sick of this vicious circle. Time to end it. I'm 23, I want to enjoy my 20's. I don't want to be scared of meeting people for fear of what they might think of me, I want to find love. I have a life to live.

So here I go. Mish, I'm all yours. Let's go.

Em xx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Em!

    Wow what an incredible journey! You will definitely succeed this time 'round for sure. I am loving all this support.

    I know how you feel about moving to Adelaide and knowing no one. It's quite daunting but I guarantee you it gets better :)

    Perhaps we can organise a training session?

    All the best, and look forward to reading more blogs!

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kate!
      Thanks so much! I would absolutely love to organise a training session, any excuse to go to the Barossa ;).
      Em x

      Delete