Monday 3 September 2012

Success & Sinuses

I had a win last week. After getting myself very wound up about being away for work for most of the first week, and worrying about food, exercise etc, it actually turned out to be okay. I ate as well as I could, and went for a run every morning in the parks of Dub-vegas. To my glee/rapture, I jumped on the scales for the Week One Weigh-In, with both eyes closed, as I was convinced those little numbers were going to jump up rather than down. Slowly, I opened one eye, to see that I had LOST 1kg!! How the/what the/flip the?????? How?? (and not to mention that it was TToM...blergh)

This was a good lesson for me. I need to have a little more faith in myself and not doubt my efforts!

However, I've had a spanner thrown in the works. All that plane travel last week has landed me with the flu. Why, oh why?? Here I was gloating not the week before that I hadn't been sick once all year, and was going to make it to the end of the year without any illness (karma, much?). I'm lucky enough to have a fantastic immune system. Another thanks to Mum and Dad for letting me eat as much dirt as I wanted when I was little...but it hasn't saved me this time.

Urgh....why are colds so hard to handle and shake? I've gotten progressively worse over the weekend, but still pushed through and managed (to my utter surprise) to smash out my SSS on Saturday...1028 calories. Slight air fist pump right there.


I trawled the forums trying to find Mish's post on how to shake the flu (or stop it from getting worse, one or the other), but couldn't find it. If someone knows where it is please let me know!

I had a friend's birthday on the weekend, which I knew was going to be a great test for my willpower. A leisurely lunch and then going out that night....eeekkk. Feeling the flu coming on was a blessing in disguise. I didn't drink (apart from the one glass of Sav Blanc at lunch) and tried to make good food choices all day. I had a couple of slip ups with one to many cheese and biccies, but luckily I'd burnt my 1028 cals that morning, so I didn't get the guilts to the extent I usually do. So very proud of myself for only drinking water and soda water when we were out. Although, going to bed at 3:30am is still a bad idea, I'm getting too old to stay up that late these days! Oh, and also wore a slightly tight dress and actually felt pretty damn good in it! I'm close to losing 5kg!! Amazing what such a small amount off can do for the confidence :)

Onto Week Two. I did my food shop yesterday, and the food bills are proving to be expensive. I can't wait to get all the condiments stocked up, then I should see a big decrease in the cost me thinks. I was never eating too badly before (lots of veg, fruit etc), just too much of everything, and I'd eat pretty much the same thing everyday. BBBBBBOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG. I'm excited about trying all the meals this week, and having some variety.

Slightly nervous/excited for Wednesday Weigh-In, eager to see what's going on (of off rather haha!).

I hope everyone else is doing really well, and are also excited about Week Two. Have a great one!!

Em xx



No comments:

Post a Comment