Monday 13 August 2012

Sabotage Central

Work. Is. Evil.      No, let me rephrase that....

Work. Kitchens. Are. Evil

I think the universe has sent a subconscious message to my workmates to bring chocolatey goodness to work.....every fecking day. Talk about a tease.

I turned up at work today and there were not one...but TWO packets of Tim Tams, and a packet of lamingtons on the bench.

I've always been (relatively) careful with chocolate overload (unless some earth-shattering, boy-related, PMS-monster inducing gremlin arrives to crumble my will power). I've never destroyed a packet of Tim Tams in one sitting, purely from fear that the 1% of my metabolism that actually works would pack its bags and leave me for good. Although, I've never really said no to having a couple. However, now that I'm counting calories and know for good that one Tim Tam, ONE, contains 98 calories!! Jeez, Arnotts, that's a bit rough.....give a girl a break.

The thing is, when I go to make one of my 1000 cups of green tea for the day (how I adore that stuff!), the lamingtons are there saying "hi, hello, check me out, all my coconutty goodness, my spongey sponge, my chocolate..." SHUT UP. Needless to say, and proudly, I gave those square little suckers the bird and flounced off with my antioxidant-rich, zen cup of vanilla green tea. (The chocolate lover inside me did die a little bit, I won't lie).

These aren't the first temptations and they certainly won't be the last. My new challenge will be when I'm out on the road next week, with work dinners, seminar lunches (white bread sandwich platters anyone?) and no cooking facilities in the motel room. MUST. GO . PREPARED.

Come on willpower, you can do it. (I think). No, you can!

Em xx



1 comment:

  1. Wow - I thought my project team's lolly jar was bad enough for temptation - but Tim Tams AND lamingtons?!! I can't believe there are that many calories in a tim tam! I haven't had one in ages but when I did I'd have the double coat tim tam which would be worse :)

    Look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete